14 Jun UNITE HERE Local 11 Job Opportunity: Representation Department
UNITE HERE Local 11
Job Opportunity: Representation Department
UNITE HERE Local 11 represents approximately 20,000 workers in the hospitality industry throughout Southern California. They are housekeepers, food servers, cooks, dishwashers, bartenders and many other employees in the tourism and food service industries. Local 11 has a proud history of community involvement and a strong commitment to improving working conditions, wages, and benefits for all working men and women.
UNITE HERE Local 11 has an opening for an Administrative position within the Representation Department.
Description: Administrative Position/Representation Department
This position is an administrative support position to the Representation Department where the responsibilities include initial contact with Union members, tracking and processing of grievances, and related documents, record keeping and data base maintenance.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following): To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
• Assist members with grievance inquiries
● Data entry and maintenance of files, member lists
● Written and verbal communications with members, staff and employers
● Answering incoming telephone calls and retrieving daily messages
● Generate reports
● Maintain deadlines
● Record and track grievances
● Other duties as assigned
● Manage multiple responsibilities on a daily basis
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
● Computer skills: excel, word, power point
● Database proficient: ability to learn and work on database
● Writing ability: ability to write and format letters and professional communication; skilled at grammar, spelling and formatting
● Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and high capacity for attention to details.
Qualities Needed for the Position:
● Problem Solving –Ability to exercise judgment to identify and resolve problems
● Membership Service – Respond promptly to member’s needs; respond to requests for service and assistance.
● Interpersonal Skills: ability and willingness to work with a variety of members, staff and employers in a professional manner.
● Teamwork – Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; contribute to building a positive team spirit; support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
● Ethics – Treat people with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically.
● Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; support organization’s goals and values.
● Motivation – Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
● Planning/Organizing – Plan and Prioritize work to complete in a timely manner;
● Initiative – Volunteer readily; seek increased responsibilities; take advantage of opportunities; ask for and offer help when needed.
Job Requirements/Qualifications: The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Access, Google, Power Point
● 2 -3 years’ experience in related field with administrative duties
● Typing at a range between 60 and 70 wpm.
● Proficient data entry and the ability to operate a 10key data keyboard by touch with speed and accuracy is required
● Ability to work independently within the context of a plan
● Proficient understanding with copy and fax machines
● Bilingual English/Spanish.
● All eligible applicants will require testing in math, typing, and 10key.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to Alma Peñaranda, at email@example.com. No phone call. Test will be required.