27 Jun Working families say: Solve America’s problems, don’t make more
The Senate Republican health care bill may use a little less gasoline than the House version, but it still sets fire to the health insurance of 22 million Americans, which is why it will go down in history as one of America’s worst pieces of legislation. Working families are united against it.
Message of the Day—Working Families Say: Solve America’s Problems, Don’t Make More!
- The Senate health care scam would rip health insurance from 22 million working people.
- It takes Medicaid coverage from 15 million people—children with disabilities who need care at school, pregnant women and seniors receiving nursing home care or support to stay in the community.
- The bill gives about $1 trillion to corporations and the wealthiest 1% while imposing a tax on employer-sponsored health insurance and increasing out-of-pocket costs and taxes on working people.
- The Senate bill hurts everyone. If your insurance isn’t gone, you will have fewer protections and your premiums will climb as providers pass along their uncompensated care costs.
- Polls over the past few days say the Senate “wealthcare” bill has lowered President Donald Trump’s already dismal approval rating to 38% and pushed his disapproval rating up to 57%.
Kitchen Table Economics
6 months: If you don’t have insurance when you get sick or suffer an accident, that’s how long you’d have to wait for lifesaving health care—even if it kills you.
Source: Labor Wire