Ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, after going to the bathroom, and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth without first washing your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a cloth when coughing or sneezing (or your elbow if no tissues/handkerchief are available).
- Avoid close contact with people who do not live in the same house as you.
- Wear a facemask if you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces.
Important things to know:
- Infected people can pass along the disease to any person; race, age,
gender, etc. have no impact on susceptibility to the disease.
- People can give others the infection without having symptoms
themselves (i.e. people who are infected but haven’t gotten sick yet
or asymptomatic kids).
- The people most at risk for complications because of the
disease are the elderly and those with underlying diseases; however,
anyone can become infected.
- Anyone who has completed a quarantine or who has already left
isolation is not a risk of infection for other people.